TITLE: WATER SUPPLY OF AMYNTAIO AND PTOLEMAIDA
OWNER: DEI SA
PROJECT: WATER SUPPLY OF AMYNTAIO AND PTOLEMAIDA FROM DREPANOS WATER RESERVOIR 110,000m3 and 30,000m 3
LOCATION: PREFECTURE OF KOZANI
CONTRACTOR: TECHNICAL COMPANY CHRISTOFOROS D. CONSTANTINIDIS SA
CDC S.A. PARTICIPATION: 100%
TYPE OF PROJECT: CONSTRUCTION
Design, supply, installation and maintenance of water supply pipeline, servicing the steam power plants of Ptolemaida and Amyntaio. The installed pipeline network has a length of 15.930m.
Construction of 42 manholes and installation of supplementary E/M equipment and SCADA system.
Maximum flowrate of the water network is equal to 6000m3/hour.
Pipeline network consisted of:
- 9.650 meters of DN 1100 steel pipe,
- 11.780 meters of DN 800 steel pipe,
- 4000 meters of DN 1000 steel piepe
Pipes were coated with external anticorrosion PE coating and internal epoxy coating.
Installation of automatic ventilation system with safety valves.
The pipelines were encassed in reinforced concrete in road crossings and other sensitive areas.
The pipe jacking method was used over a span of 15m.
Operational testing included:
- Non destructive testing of welds on the steel pipes (NDT-RT-UT-PT),
- Νon destructive testing of pipeline insulation HOLIDAY 25KV,
- Operational testing on the E/M equipment and instrumentation,
- Hydrostatic testing of the pipelines, cathodic protection system testing, flow capacity testing